frequently asked questions about reiki
What is involved in a Reiki session?
- Experiencing Reiki is a unique and profound healing experience for health and wellbeing of the mind, body and soul.
- Client is fully clothed lying down on a massage table (perhaps a blanket if needed) with light relaxing music in the background.
- Reiki can also be given in a work environment whilst being seated
- You can close your eyes and can relax and enjoy the blissful experience.
- During the session, the practitioner places the hands just above or gently on the body to transmit the flow of Reiki energy which is divinely directed to where it is most required.
- Reiki involves a gentle healing touch. The hands are placed gently, in certain non-intrusive positions, over the client’s body to allow a transmission of Reiki life force energy. Each hand position is held for several minutes.
- You will wake up feeling very relaxed, rejuvenated and like some people say, "a weight has been lifted of my shoulders after receiving the Reiki treatment."
How do I book a session?
Once you have committed yourself to your healing. Empower yourself by receiving a Reiki Thearpy Session by clicking on the button below.
How long are the Reiki sessions?
It is your time that you would spend to rejuvenate, energize, relax and revitalize your body, your mind and soul. Reiki sessions are generally 30 mins to 2 hours, although you can choose the duration of time you want to commit to your healing.
- 30 mins session includes a Reiki 1 Energy Booster + Relaxing Bliss treatment of the mind (involves relaxing of the mind and placing hands over your occipital and crown chakra) + 1 concentrated area of your body for Reiki treatment.
- 60 mins session involves Reiki 1 Energy Booster + Relaxing Bliss treatment of the mind + Full body Reiki treatment
- 90 mins session involves Reiki 1 Energy Booster + Relaxing Bliss treatment of the mind + Full body Reiki treatment - front and back.
- 2 hour session involves a complete transformational experience where you experience the loving and relaxing blissful Reiki healing energy and works on the cellular memory and deeper levels of subconsciousness.
You can book a Reiki session here.
Where do I have to come to get Reiki?
- You can come to my clinic, which is currently based out of home in Glenwood, Sydney, Australia. It is 40 mins drive north-west of Sydney, close to Norwest Business Park and close to Burns T-Way.
- You can request a Reiki session at the comfort of your home. Please make sure you have a quite room, with no one making any noise and your phone switched off during your session. You will need to have a space that is big enough for a massage table.
Can babies and pregnant women get reiki?
Reiki is specially beneficial to babies, new borns and growing babies from fetus to birth.
- Reiki is highly beneficial for pregnant women. It helps ease the whole process of giving birth. It eases tension, relaxing the mother and greatly benefiting the unborn child. It also helps expectant mothers with anxiety, tiredness, aches and pains. Reiki can be very calming and it can help with post-natal recovery and even post natal depression.
Babies and children usually love to receive Reiki and often respond very quickly to it.
can animals receive reiki?
Yes. Reiki can also be given to pets and animals.
Animals respond very well to Reiki, and they tend to absorb it faster than humans because they don’t worry about whether it’s working or not, the way that humans often self sabotage!
Reiki relaxes and calms pets and animals. The therapeutic power of Reiki heals animal illnesses, injuries, emotional and behavioural issues, including animals that have experienced fear, aggression, loss and separation. Reiki is particularly useful for treating mistreated, abused or caged animals.
Reiki provides great comfort support for pets bringing positive visible results to them and their owners.
does reiki replaces medicine and a doctor
The Reiki energy is complimentary to all natural and traditional medical modalities and therapies. It does not replace medicine or doctor treatments. To some, it helps in responding to certain medical treatments better. To others it opens up opportunities and gateways to better health which starts flowing into your life.
Cancer Council of NSW published a paper on the use and benefits of non invasive healing energy therapies such as Reiki in the treatment of cancer. (Page 43/88)
Reiki works on bringing more light into your cells and certain reiki sessions focus on transmuting, transforming and regenerating cellular memory. There is a really interesting research how cells in our body produce light. Read here.
Why the original 7 level reiki system has an onion and garlic free diet
The Original 7 Level Reiki Practitioners have an onion and garlic free diet. The sages from India, Japan, the monks from Tibet, the Buddhists and the Jains in India all avoid onion, garlic, chives, shallots from their diet. They know the secrets for ever lasting youth and rejuvenation. Onion blocks the mind so one does not feel centered when meditating and garlic is not good for your heart. These are the secrets in the ancient texts. It has been practiced for generations and the ones who meditate know the difference it makes in helping them reach higher level of consciousness, nirvana and enlightenment. If you've ever eaten food at a buddhist temple you'll notice they have no onion or garlic in their food. They listen to their body. They hear and focus on what nourishes them.
You can read more about the harm onion and garlic can do to your body, than the "good" "they" tell you.
Everyone’s DNA is different. Everyone’s composition is different. What nourishes you is different than what nourishes others.
To know more about listening to your body, I recommend you read Shaizy's food blog.
Where do I learn Reiki?
You can learn Reiki here.
Everyone can benefit from Reiki, people who desire to heal themselves and others, those interested in preventive measures, people requiring a sense of inner peace and harmony, those who require extra energy for their daily activities and those who desire to use it for their personal growth and development.
Since there are 7 chakras in our body, the 7 points is where the light enters you. There are 7 levels of personal empowerment components of Reiki learnings and teachings. You can start with Level 1, at the base chakra and continue activating all of your energy centres till Level 7, crown chakra, of your consciousness and as you feel comfortable to progress in your journey. Reiki is the most non invasive method of healing, empowerment and abundance.
You can learn Reiki from my Teacher, Dez Dalton, the most renowned, authentic Reiki teacher who teaches the pure 7 level system of Reiki light codes learnt from the teachings of Dr. Mikao Usui. Dez is based in Clovelly, Sydney, Australia.
You can find and browse the Reiki teachers close to your area.
Why is it important to get follow up reiki treatments
It is generally recommended that several Reiki healing treatments may be required over a number of consecutive days, followed up weekly or forthnightly as necessary.
The energy is able to move deeper and deeper with each session, often having quite profound healing results. The first treatment tends to be a really relaxing and transforming experience on its own. Second treatment is where profound healing starts happening.
Whichever Reiki treatment you choose for yourself it confers on a general sense of well-being, joy and aliveness. The client feels “charged up" after the treatment! So it is always recommended to get a follow up treatment to receive transformational change and more opportunities to flow into your life.
Contact us to book your follow up treatment to continually experience the radiance of Reiki energy!